Saturday, February 5, 2011





This is one that the butterflies and hummingbirds really enjoy. The trumpet vine, I have it growing on the dog pen fence. I have it in yellow and redish orange. It grows quickly, and spreads and climbs where ever it can get a foothold. So yearly I cut back all the dead wood, and train the new vines in and out of the fence. I have managed to grow a nice, thick main vine with new ones coming off of it. I have found new shouts coming up all over that garden, and they are tough to get rid off. Unless you totally dig them out they will continue to grow, just cuttingor pulling them out won't work. But once you have them the way you want them they will not fall in blooming profusely. They will make seed pods in the fall, so once dried just open, remove seeds and save them for the following year. The hummers will love you for them.

Just so you know I will not be fancy and go all latin names on you. That would require me to look-up said plant or flower. I know them by their simple names, and that is all I ned to know. SMILE

No comments:

Post a Comment